Friday, November 16, 2001

Tom, his friend, Felix, and I went last night to see U2 in concert. They were absolutely amazing. Amazing. I've also never been to a concert of that size before. There were about 60,000 people at the sold out concert. I was simply stunned at the sheer masses of bodies, all screaming and waving their arms. And the music...it was so good. I had the best time and have subsequently added U2 to my small groups of concerts that I would actually consider attending. (I own a lot of variety on CD's, but let's just all admit that not every group can pull off a live performance.)

Afterwards, we went with a couple friends to our favorite late night Korean roast chicken joint. They make the best chicken in the world, but the place is a total dive and full of Cal students.

Which reminds me - Big Game is tomorrow. I've been to almost every Big Game since freshman year, but that's usually the only football game I attend. I'm not a big sports-watcher kind of girl. This year, however, is a whole different deal because I work for the Alumni Association. Life is RAH, RAH, BEAT CAL, GO STANFORD. So I'm getting to work tomorrow at 7:30am. That's right on a Saturday.

What sane person would do that? You just have to understand how deep the feelings run. All you need to do is read this, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

No comments: