OK, so first, let's do a little catch-up.
Thursday's dinner was perfect. I'm actually shocked that it went over so well, and my boss (he's such a nice guy) even pulled aside the donor who ripped my head off that other time and filled her ear with rave comments about me. I love working here.
Friday, I left work at around noon, totally ill. The dinner rocked, but I think I must have gotten some kind of evil food poisoning that just knocked me off my feet. Between Friday and Saturday, I slept almost thirty-some hours. No, I'm not kidding. I wasn't that tired exactly, but when I wasn't out cold, I was yacking. So, given the options, I forced myself to sleep. I'd forgotten how scary it is to throw up; no wonder it makes kids cry!
The worst part about being sick Friday was that I missed going to see Beauty and the Beast at the IMAX theater! Jean was in town and everything, and I was sooooooo disappointed that I couldn't go. No one wants you making a mess on their shoes, however, so I thought it best that Felix go on without me. My honey said he'd take me some other time, maybe this weekend. He's the best.
It was a lot of fun seeing Jean. She and two of our other best friends are laying it on thick, campaigning to get us to move to Denver with them. Sigh. That's a tough one - between Portland, Seattle, Denver, and the Bay Area, who knows where we'll end up?! I think Felix and I have decided that there's about a 50/50 chance we'll leave the area. So if you want to give us your pitch, let us know!
No comments:
Post a Comment