Tuesday, June 18, 2002

Phew...Commencement is behind me at last, and my Stanford schedule is finally slowing down. Just in time, too, 'cause my Achieva schedule is speeding up!

It's been pretty crazy trying to maintain the house, get enough to eat, squeeze in some sleep, and stay on top of the PILES of work. There have been a few days where I think I was seriously cracking up. Everyone's been a bit worried about me, so my mom "sent in the troops." My brother Rob graduated in May and just came out a few weeks ago to lend us a helping hand. In the tradition of wearing multiple hats, he is our database administrator/marketing director/community outreach guy. I don't exactly know how long he's going to be staying with us, but I'm SO glad he's here.

The latest dilemma is whether or not I'm going to keep working two jobs in the fall. (But Kathy, isn't that an obvious decision? Who in their right mind would keep up a psycho 7-days-a-week-million-hours-a-day schedule?!) Yeah, yeah, I know. It's not that easy! I love working at Stanford. I just love it. Not to gush, but I'm just overjoyed to be back on campus and surrounded by Stanford. On the other hand, I'm also completely and utterly exhausted. Just the other day, Felix thought I'd had one drink too many because I was totally incoherent and acting like a freak; nope, I was just so tired that I couldn't think or see straight. I collapsed on the couch and fell asleep for four hours, missing a really yummy dinner even though Felix waved the food underneath my nose.

It's not good.

So.....what should I do? My current plan is to simply stall. The summer is totally kick-back, so I can take it easy and devote more time to Achieva. Two months to come up with the perfect solution. I just hope I have enough energy left in me to figure it out!

No comments: