I've reached the end of my twenties, quietly and pleasantly turning 29 years old last week. The day itself was wonderfully peaceful, and as I wind toward the big three-oh, I can only hope that the rest of my life will similarly start settling down.
I have two more days left before my little pumpkin starts daycare. We took her to orientation on Thursday, and I was reminded again why we chose MCCDC. It really is a great place, and it warms my heart to think of Keira and Claire together every day. I know it's the right decision. Half the battle to getting the old Kathy back - the friend, wife, and mom that's gone missing these past couple months.
We're also making big changes at the company with the hopes of bringing everything back to a normal, manageable level. In February, we'll have owned Admissions Academy for two years, and I still feel like we're ripping along at 240 miles per hour. I can't even BEGIN to describe the amount of debt and stress I've been lugging around, not to mention the sleepless nights when I stare off into the dark and ponder bankruptcy. A life of homelessness and poverty is definitely a huge motivator for change. So we're working on cutting back on staff, shrinking our goals and expectations, and down-sizing our corporation to a happy family-run business. Counseling with Kathy Chi and company - the personal, individual, friendly touch. Second half of the battle to self-recovery.
Only time will tell, but I'm already pretty sure there are calmer waters ahead. Can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment