Uh-oh.
She's getting smart.
First of all, Keira's totally on the go nowadays. She crawls around until she can get her hands on the nearest chair, table, or toy, and then she pulls herself up nice and tall so she can cruise along, step by step. If it was just a matter of mobility, however, I wouldn't be worried. But she's got legs AND brains.
See before, I couldn't be sure she understood me, and her memory only lasted about three seconds (out of sight, out of mind). But things have changed. Keira now cheerfully pats her little chubby hands together when we say, "Clap, clap!" It's obvious she understands and happily throws me a look before going right back to ignoring me when I say, "NO." And when I pull her away from dangerous outlets and unstable toys, she cries and throws her head back in terrible protest for much longer than three seconds.
My new Miss Smarty-pants wants and expects more from me. Instead of just eating and sleeping, she wants to play, laugh, communicate, and discover new things. Suddenly, I realize that I'm actually and truly "Mommy." I look into Keira's bright little eyes and see intelligence and personality looking right back at me.
And I know I'm really in for trouble now!
No comments:
Post a Comment