Friday, July 16, 2004

...drumroll please...
 
We just bought our first single family home! Yes, that's right. After living in our townhome for almost four years, we're finally moving on. It's been a long and crazy road, too. While our own house sold in only 4 days, our search was far longer than even 4 months. Granite countertops and scary shag carpet, vaulted ceilings and peanut-sized yards, leaky bathrooms and unpermitted kitchens...Felix and I saw it ALL.
 
I realize now that there is simply no such thing as the perfect house. It could always have a bigger yard, or be in a better neighborhood, or have a lower price, or offer a stronger school district. Finding a house is a constantly changing process, a fluid and shifting process that often made me want to tear my hair out.
 
So all factors considered, we're both pretty excited about our new home. It represents a little of everything that we wanted, and I can easily picture us living there happily for quite a long time.
 
A picture's worth a thousand words, rigtht? I'll post pix soon, I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wooo-hoooo! A real house, eh? Can't wait to see the picture. My only advice is hire movers. You won't regret it. Too bad you don't live closer 'cause we have a ton of boxes looking for a good home.....

Chrissie