Saturday, January 31, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year! As many of you already know, Keira is in her first year of kindergarten, and she's been attending a Chinese immersion school -- the International School of the Peninsula -- since September. It's already been an incredible experience in so many different ways, not only for Keira but also for us as parents.

Today, the entire school celebrated the new year with a huge performance, and I was SO proud of my big girl. She and her classmates have been practicing a dance routine for weeks. Keira refused to tell me anything about it. "It's a secret, Mama! You need to wait and be surprised!"

Last night, as I was tucking her in and giving her a kiss, however, Keira whispered to me, "Do you think the whole thing will be very embarrassing?" Of course, I reassured her that it would be nothing less than wonderful, but inside, I was worried. Would my shy girl fall apart on stage in front of so many parents?

My concerns were unnecessary. Keira was a superstar. She jumped, she hopped, she bobbed her head, and she had a great time. Indeed, it was nothing less than wonderful.

No comments: