Thursday, February 18, 2010

As I've often said before, I'm so grateful that my children have wonderful teachers and caregivers in their lives. I love my kids with all my heart, but I'm easily impatient and weary, distracted and busy. Full days together usually end up including some amount (ok, some significant amount) of television and computer games, once my creative energy runs dry.

So that's why I'm thrilled to have discovered geocaching. We have good friends who've been doing it for awhile, and when the girls began their restless, "I'm bored" rant, I finally decided to give it a try. After some searching online, we found a location not far from our home, and with only about 45 minutes before we had to pick up Bryce, we hit the road.

It was an awesome experience. The sunshine felt great, the girls were excited to pick wildflowers and exclaim over the many ladybugs wandering through the fields, and the thrill of finding "treasure" was simply fabulous.

Is this a new addiction? Quite possibly. But more importantly, as Keira beamed a big smile, she declared, "This is the most fun we've had together in forever."

I wholeheartedly agree.

No comments: