Happy Chinese New Year! Shockingly, twelve years has flown by, and it's the Year of the Tiger again. However, to my dismay, I'm probably not going to be showered with good fortune or massive amounts of wealth. If anything, my mother warned me that I'd have to be extra careful. "Celebrating" your lunar year of birth is apparently rather unlucky. Bummer.Regardless, not one to be dismayed, we roared into 2010 by helping our school participate in the annual San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade. It was quite an enormous affair, and our family worked intensely to prepare for the big day, devoting nearly every weekend to construction, rehearsals, and more.
The experience was exhausting, but ultimately, incredibly rewarding. It was something that brought our entire family together, as well as the ISTP community.
So Year of the Tiger? Bring it on! I have nothing to fear. Rawr...
No comments:
Post a Comment