We're back! Felix and I had an amazing week-long vacation in Whistler. This is actually a tradition for us; Whistler 2002 was our fourth annual trip and each year seems to be even better than the last! Of course, being the compulsive, bossy, event-coordinator-type that I am, I organize our trips. To be fair, Felix put together the first visit...but I just couldn't resist grabbing the reins from him and driving every year after.
I choose the dates. I choose the place to stay. I book the rental cars and airport shuttles. And most importantly, I decide who gets invited and how many people get to come. (***evil laughter and hand-wringing here***)
Can we say power trip?
It's always a lot of fun. Most of our closest and bestest friends and family go, and we ski, ski, ski, and eat, eat, eat to our little hearts' content. Gotta love the eating. We even tried out a new German place this year called Bavaria Restaurant. The menu came complete with homemade bratwurst, real German beer, schnitzel, spaetzel, and strudel. They had it all. Felix ate this big ol' pork hock that was crispy and VERY tasty. Can't forget Mongolie Grill either, where you pay for your meal based on how much it weighs. Everything's make your own, and believe it or not, I ate more than anyone else. That's right, baby; 1.064 kilograms. I kicked Stan's butt, and if you've ever seen him tuck away a meal, you'd know why I'm so proud. I needed to be rolled home when that was over.
Yum!
Felix and I broke down and bought helmets, too. My head is SO huge. I had no idea. With the helmet on, it seems surprising that my neck can hold everything up! When we post our trip pictures, you'll see what I'm talking about. Short people shouldn't have such big noggins. Make me wonder if I wasn't meant to be taller...
This was also the first year that we've ever had video. Stan gave himself a birthday present by buying the most amazing camcorder I have ever seen. It's barely as big as my hand and was just sooooooo cool. Everyone had the chance to get some fun footage in, and the best part is that Felix decided that we should get one, too! Maybe not the same model (how much did you spend, Stan??? 'fess up!!!), but definitely one that we can have fun with.
So the trip was phenomenal and gave me much needed rest. As evidenced in my ability to write a nice long blog, which I haven't done in quite awhile. I also did some other playing around today...can we say new domain name? But that's a secret until I get the whole web-hosting thing figured out. When it's all launched and not broken, I'll let ya'll know. I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment