Merry Christmas! Happy holidays! Happy New Year!
Yup, the holidays are here, I'm in the middle of my two-week vacation, and senior season is OVER. It's been WON-DER-FUL. We took our pumpkin home to New Jersey for Christmas to visit Grandma and Grandpa Chi, and Keira was showered with all the love and adoration a first grandchild deserves.
I still love to pre-board, of course, but I have finally realized why it's such a well-deserved reward. When you don't have children, you have NO idea how heinously difficult it is to travel with them. Keira is pretty well-seasoned. She's been to LA and Denver, but a five-hour flight for a five-day trip to New Jersey is a very different thing.
To give you a brief glimpse, let's just talk about luggage. Felix and I shared one suitcase, and my purse was our only carry-on. Keira had:
...a large suitcase with clothes, toys, portable high chair, and supplies,
...her Pack n' Play,
...her throne (aka Britax Roundabout toddler seat),
...her diaper bag with bibs, food, bottles, toys, and supplies,
...and her stroller.
I wish I had another three arms, what with all the stuff we had to lug around nevermind also carrying the baby. Crazy!
Thankfully, Keira was actually quite well-behaved on the plane. A little crying here and there, but nothing more. Her sweaty, tired parents were very appreciative. Very.
No comments:
Post a Comment